means the monthly fee (excluding any taxes and duties) payable by You in accordance with the Fee Schedule.
includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorised disclosure by the other party.
means any data inputted by You or with Your authority into the Website.
means the information relating to subscriptions and billing set out on the Enterprise Systems Australia subscriptions and billing pages on the website, or any other page(s) on the Website notified by Enterprise Systems Australia, which may be updated or amended by Enterprise Systems Australia from time to time.
"Intellectual Property Right"
means any patent, trade mark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
means the online accounting and personal finance management services made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by Enterprise Systems Australia) via the Website.
means the Internet site at the domain https://enterprisesystsems.com.au or any other site operated by Enterprise Systems Australia.
"Enterprise Systems Australia"
means Enterprise Systems Australia Pty Ltd which is a private company in Australia and UK.
means any person or entity, other than the Subscriber, that uses the Service with the authorisation of the Subscriber from time to time.
means the person who registers to use the Service, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service.
means the Subscriber, and where the context permits, an Invited User. "Your" has a corresponding meaning.
2. Use of Software
Enterprise Systems Australia grants You the right to access and use the Service via the Website with the particular user roles available to You according to Your subscription type. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that, subject to any applicable written agreement between the Subscriber and the Invited Users, or any other applicable laws:
1. the Subscriber determines who is an Invited User and what level of user role access to the relevant organisation and Service that Invited User has;
2. the Subscriber is responsible for all Invited Users’ use of the Service;
3. the Subscriber controls each Invited User’s level of access to the relevant organisation and Service at all times and can revoke or change an Invited User’s access, or level of access, at any time and for any reason, in which case that person or entity will cease to be an Invited User or shall have that different level of access, as the case may be;
4. if there is any dispute between a Subscriber and an Invited User regarding access to any organisation or Service, the Subscriber shall decide what access or level of access to the relevant Data or Service that Invited User shall have, if any.
3. Your Obligations
1. Payment obligations:
An invoice for the Access Fee will be issued each month in accordance with the details set out in the Fee Schedule. Enterprise Systems Australia will continue invoicing You in accordance with the Fee Schedule until this Agreement is terminated in accordance with clause 8.
All Enterprise Systems Australia invoices will be sent to You, or to a Billing Contact whose details are provided by You, by email. Payment of all amounts specified in an invoice must be paid in accordance with the Fee Schedule. You are responsible for payment of all taxes and duties in addition to the Access Fee.
2. Preferential pricing:
Eligibility for such preferential pricing is conditional upon Your acceptance of responsibility for payment of any Access Fees in relation to all of Your Organisations. Without prejudice to any other rights that Enterprise Systems Australia may have under these Terms or at law, Enterprise Systems Australia reserves the right to render invoices for the full (non-discounted) Access Fees due or suspend or terminate Your use of the Service in respect of any or all of Your Organisations in the event that any invoices for those Access Fees are not paid in full in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule.
3. General obligations:
You must only use the Service and Website for Your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Enterprise Systems Australia or condition posted on the Website. You may use the Service and Website on behalf of others or in order to provide services to others but if You do so you must ensure that You are authorised to do so and that all persons for whom or to whom services are provided comply with and accept all terms of this Agreement that apply to You.
4. Access conditions:
1. You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify Enterprise Systems Australia of any unauthorised use of Your passwords or any other breach of security and Enterprise Systems Australia will reset Your password and You must take all other actions that Enterprise Systems Australia reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of Enterprise Systems Australia's computing systems and networks and Your access to the Services.
2. As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, You must:
i. not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of Enterprise Systems Australia's computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party's computing systems and networks;
ii. not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
iii. not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those to which You have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
iv. not transmit, or input into the Website, any: files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use); and
v. not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
3. By enabling the multi-currency functionality within the company settings You confirm that You have read and accept the Enterprise Systems Australia terms and conditions.
5. Usage Limitations:
Use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including but not limited to monthly transaction volumes and the number of calls You are permitted to make against Enterprise Systems Australia’s application programming interface. Any such limitations will be advised.
6. Communication Conditions:
As a condition of these Terms, if You use any communication tools available through the Website (such as any forum, chat room or message centre), You agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes. You must not use any such communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the Services, including (but not limited to): offers of goods or services for sale, unsolicited commercial e-mail, files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive to any other users of the Services or the Website, or material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use).
When You make any communication on the Website, You represent that You are permitted to make such communication. Enterprise Systems Australia is under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the Website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the Services. As with any other web-based forum, You must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the Website. However, Enterprise Systems Australia does reserve the right to remove any communication at any time in its sole discretion.
You indemnify Enterprise Systems Australia against: all claims, costs, damage and loss arising from Your breach of any of these Terms or any obligation You may have to Enterprise Systems Australia, including (but not limited to) any costs relating to the recovery of any Access Fees that are due but have not been paid by You.
4. Confidentiality and Privacy
Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
1. Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its own benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
2. Each party's obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
3. The provisions of clauses 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 shall not apply to any information which:
i. is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
ii. is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
iii. is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
iv. is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
5. Intellectual Property
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of Enterprise Systems Australia (or its licensors).
2. Ownership of Data:
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain Your property. However, Your access to the Data is contingent on full payment of the Enterprise Systems Australia Access Fee when due. You grant Enterprise Systems Australia a licence to use, copy, transmit, store Your information and Data for the purposes of enabling You to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to You.
3. Backup of Data:
You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. Enterprise Systems Australia adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a system data back-up regime, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. Enterprise Systems Australia expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how caused.
4. Third-party applications and your Data.
If You enable third-party applications for use in conjunction with the Services, You acknowledge that Enterprise Systems Australia may allow the providers of those third-party applications to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of such third-party applications with the Services. Enterprise Systems Australia shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by third-party application providers.
6. Warranties and Acknowledgements
You warrant that where You have registered to use the Service on behalf of another person, You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that person and agree that by registering to use the Service You bind the person on whose behalf You act to the performance of any and all obligations that You become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting Your own personal obligations under these Terms.
You acknowledge that:
1. You are authorised to use the Services and the Website and to access the information and Data that You input into the Website, including any information or Data input into the Website by any person you have authorised to use the Service. You are also authorised to access the processed information and Data that is made available to You through Your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is Your own or that of anyone else).
2. Enterprise Systems Australia has no responsibility to any person other than You and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than You. If You use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
i. You are responsible for ensuring that You have the right to do so;
ii. You are responsible for authorising any person who is given access to information or Data, and you agree that Enterprise Systems Australia has no obligation to provide any person access to such information or Data without Your authorisation and may refer any requests for information to You to address; and
iii. You will indemnify Enterprise Systems Australia against any claims or loss relating to:
i. Enterprise Systems Australia's refusal to provide any person access to Your information or Data in accordance with these Terms,
ii. Enterprise Systems Australia’s making available information or Data to any person with Your authorisation.
3. The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an "as is" basis and at Your own risk.
4. Enterprise Systems Australia does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. Enterprise Systems Australia is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
5. Enterprise Systems Australia is not Your accountant and use of the Services does not constitute the receipt of accounting advice. If You have any accounting questions, please contact an accountant.
6. It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of Your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
7. You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable accounting, tax and other laws. It is Your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your Data via the Software and the Website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
3. No warranties:
Enterprise Systems Australia gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Enterprise Systems Australia does not warrant that the Services will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
4. Consumer guarantees:
You warrant and represent that You are acquiring the right to access and use the Services for the purposes of a business and that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the supply of the Services, the Website or these Terms.
7. Limitation of Liability
1. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Enterprise Systems Australia excludes all liability and responsibility to You (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
2. If You suffer loss or damage as a result of Enterprise Systems Australia's negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by You against Enterprise Systems Australia arising from Enterprise Systems Australia's negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to the Access Fees paid by You in the previous 12 months.
3. If You are not satisfied with the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms in accordance with Clause 8.
1. Sign up policy
When You first sign up for access to the Services You can use the Services under the defined usage conditions, with an obligation to continue to use the Services for 3 months. If You choose to continue using the Services thereafter, You will be billed monthly, as set out in more detail in the Fee Schedule. If You choose not to continue using the Services, Enterprise Systems Australia may delete Your organisation.
2. Prepaid Subscriptions
Enterprise Systems Australia will not provide any refund for any remaining prepaid period for a prepaid Access Fee subscription.
3. No-fault termination:
These Terms will continue for the period covered by the Access Fee paid or payable under clause 3.1. At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically continue for another period of the same duration as that period, provided You continue to pay the prescribed Access Fee in accordance with the Fee Schedule, unless either party terminates these Terms by giving at least two month’s advance written notice. If You elect to terminate these Terms by providing two month's’ advance written notice, You shall be liable to pay all relevant Access Fees up to and including the day of termination of these Terms.
1. breach any of these Terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being remedied;
2. breach any of these Terms and the breach is not capable of being remedied (which includes (without limitation) any breach of clause 3.4 or any payment of Access Fees that are not paid in full in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule); or
3. You or Your business become insolvent or Your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or if You become insolvent, or make any arrangement with Your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction,
Enterprise Systems Australia may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
4. Terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Services and the Website;
5. Suspend for any definite or indefinite period of time, Your use of the Services and the Website;
6. Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data.
7. Take either of the actions in sub-clauses (d), (e) and (f) of this clause 8(4) in respect of any or all other persons whom You have authorised to have access to Your information or Data.
For the avoidance of doubt, if payment of any invoice for Access Fees due in relation to any of Your Billing Contacts, Billing Plans or any of Your Organisations (as defined at clause 3) is not made in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule, Enterprise Systems Australia may: suspend or terminate Your use of the Service, the authority for all or any of Your Organisations to use the Service, or Your rights of access to all or any Data.
5. Accrued Rights:
Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement You will:
1. remain liable for any accrued charges and amounts which become due for payment before or after termination; and
2. immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
6. Expiry or termination:
Clauses 3.1, 3.7, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 survive the expiry or termination of these Terms.
9. Help Desk
1. Technical Problems:
In the case of technical problems You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting Enterprise Systems Australia. If You still need technical help, please check the support provided online by Enterprise Systems Australia on the Website or failing that email us at support@enterprise systems.com.au
2. Service availability:
Whilst Enterprise Systems Australia intends that the Services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Services or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place. If for any reason Enterprise Systems Australia has to interrupt the Services for longer periods than Enterprise Systems Australia would normally expect, Enterprise Systems Australia will use reasonable endeavours to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
1. Entire agreement:
If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
4. No Assignment:
You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without Enterprise Systems Australia's prior written consent.
5. Governing law and jurisdiction:
If You are a tax resident of the United States of America or the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms then the laws of the State of California, U.S.A govern this Agreement and Enterprise Systems Australia and You agree that the U.S. Dispute Resolution Process described below applies for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or in any way relating to the Service – PLEASE READ THE U.S. DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS CAREFULLY AS IT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND ALSO LIMITS THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE. If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in New Zealand at the time that You accept these terms then New Zealand law governs this Agreement and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in Australia at the time that You accept these terms then Australian law governs this Agreement and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. In all other situations this Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and You hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to Enterprise Systems Australia must be sent to [email protected] or to any other email address notified by email to You by Enterprise Systems Australia. Notices to You will be sent to the email address which You provided when setting up Your access to the Service.
8. Rights of Third Parties:
A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.
11. Additional terms for United States of America
If You are a tax resident of the United States of America or the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America, the following additional terms apply:
Enterprise Systems Australia is not intended for consumer use (i.e., use for personal, family or household purposes).
U.S. Dispute Resolution Process
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY – IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
The following U.S. Dispute Resolution Process applies to tax residents in the United States of America, or if the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms or if you otherwise seek to resolve a dispute in the U.S. If You are a tax resident in the United States of America or the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms, You agree with Enterprise Systems Australia as follows:
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by emailing our customer experience team at [email protected] IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT OUR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TEAM IS UNABLE TO RESOLVE A COMPLAINT YOU MAY HAVE TO YOUR SATISFACTION (OR IF WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE WE HAVE WITH YOU AFTER ATTEMPTING TO DO SO INFORMALLY), WE EACH AGREE TO RESOLVE THOSE DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS COURT INSTEAD OF IN COURTS OF GENERAL JURISDICTION. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; YOU AGREE WITH Enterprise Systems Australia THAT CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. For any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $10,000, Enterprise Systems Australia will pay AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator costs. Moreover, in arbitration You are entitled to recover attorneys' fees from Enterprise Systems Australia to at least the same extent as You would be in court.
b. U.S. Dispute Resolution Process.
ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except that You may assert claims in small claims court if Your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision; the arbitrator shall apply California law to all other matters. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any party to the arbitration may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU AGREE WITH Enterprise Systems Australia THAT YOU AND Enterprise Systems Australia ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AND THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE WITH Enterprise Systems Australia TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR LITIGATE ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS. YOU AGREE WITH Enterprise Systems Australia THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THESE RIGHTS.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, send a letter requesting arbitration and describing Your claim to Enterprise Systems Australia Pty Ltd at Suite 19, 50 St Georges Tce Perth Western Australia 6000,
Attention: Legal Department. Arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) before a single AAA arbitrator under the AAA’s rules, which are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and costs will be governed by the AAA's rules. In addition, Enterprise Systems Australia will reimburse those fees and costs for claims totalling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Enterprise Systems Australia will not seek its attorneys’ fees or costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines Your claims or defences are frivolous. You agree with Enterprise Systems Australia that You or Enterprise Systems Australia may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based on written submissions. You agree with Enterprise Systems Australia that in person arbitration will be conducted in the county in which You reside or at another mutually agreeable location. You agree with Enterprise Systems Australia that the decision of the arbitrator shall be final and not appealable, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. You agree with Enterprise Systems Australia that the U.S. Dispute Resolution Process shall survive expiration, termination or rescission of this Agreement.
Last updated May 2020